I’m all about EASY these days.
With 2 hungry toddlers, fancy Pinterest food just isn’t on my urgent & important list of things to do.
BUT, healthy and nutrient-dense are.
So where are all the recipes that take 10-20 minutes or less, taste great, feed everyone (from age 1 to 32), AND fill my family with the vitamins and minerals to thrive?
This one fits the bill! Bonus: It’s a one-pot meal with healthy protein (grass-fed beef), fats (grass-fed beef and olive oil), and carbs (cauliflower, onion, refried beans), and it freezes well for future last-minute meal options.
Enjoy! And note: I’m into “guess-i-pes” these days instead of exact measurements. Feel free to adjust seasoning based on your taste preferences.
P.S. These are two awesome staples from the recipe that we buy from Trader Joe’s!
Easy Crockpot Taco Meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. organic, grass-fed beef
- 1 can organic refried beans
- 1 – 1.5 cups salsa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 head of cauliflower, “riced” (either grate or use food processor or buy from Trader Joe’s)
- Seasonings to taste: Oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika/chili, s + p, and nutritional yeast (for a non-dairy cheesy taste)
- Optional: Top with cilantro, avocado, and/or cheese
- Set crockpot to 8 hours.
- Add olive oil and chopped onions on the bottom.
- Use scissors to cut the ground beef into small chunks in crockpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir every few hours.